Thursday, February 12, 2015

Entry 11 - Taxation on My Earthly Representation

The taxation on my income was somewhat of a disappointment, especially due to the fact that California has one of the highest percentages of taxes in the United States.  Since a wildlife biologist has the likelihood of making a starting salary of the average salary of the job he or she is attempting, the salary I chose to work with for my job as an environmental scientist was $108,944.40 a year.  After arriving at this impressive amount, I researched the income tax in the state of California, this being equivalent to 9.3% of an income amount, and applied this percentage to $108,944.40 by multiplying the two values, and so I was left will how much the Californian government will take from my paycheck in taxes in each year - $10,131.79.  I then researched the federal income tax on an amount to the extent of mine, which ended up being 28%, and applied the percentage of taxation to my annual income, this tax and deduction to my paycheck being $30,504.43.  Through the calculation of taxes in my case, my income per year for the government job I acquired was concluded to be $68,308.14 -  a far cry from its predecessor.  Toying with the taxation system, I was determined to find out how taxes are calculated according to the amount of young dependents (children ages 16 and under) one had, given that I was single and had such an option in my case.  For one dependent added to my responsibility, I added $987 to my tax returns and calculated income taxes for $90,812; for two, I added $1,288 to my previous addition and calculated taxes for $86,862; for three, I added $1,987 to my previous additions and my taxable amount was $82,912; for four, I added $1,573 to my previous three additions and calculated taxes for $78,962; and for five dependents, I added $1,000 to my previous four additions and my taxable amount was $75,012.  In this way, the amount of tax returns reimbursed by the government increased until I had three children in my possession, from which point the amount of money I received decreased just as dramatically, and the amount of my gross income robbed for taxes decreased, providing me with more money to spend on my simulated children.
This handy table provides details of my job as a Senior Environmental Scientist, wherein I will be required to work full-time; the busy schedule involved starts once I call Marilyn Baker

This graph I am the sole proprietor to depicts the the extent of tax returns in a given year, based on the amount of money I make per year as an environmental scientist, in line with how many dependents of the age listed I have walking about my apartment; the amount of money I am reimbursed levels off in the same way a parabola does when the graph reaches what looks to be in vertex

For my starting salary, I took the average of the two amounts listed above simply because over 80% of wildlife biologists entering a government-sponsored job such as mine are expected to make the average provided by adding the official starting salary to the official ending salary and dividing the two amounts by two; this approach is more realistic and will give me a good gage at what to expect as far as taxes are concerned



This graph is similar to the one listed below of the same y-axis subject, even though they pertain to different scenarios; this situation deals with younger dependents while the other one deals with dependents capable of supporting themselves; I think the reason the same numbers are utilized in each graph, each graph conveying how much of my income is used for taxing my livelihood (the more I make/the more that is on record = the greater I am taxed), is because the government requires of itself to ensure each family is sufficiently provided for





→ A second variable I tested with was how changing the age of my dependents to within the vicinity of 17-23 would affect my taxes and tax returns.  In this way, I calculated my tax profile with varying numbers of dependents of these ages and found the difference in monies I received in each scenario: for one such dependent in my possession, I added $987 to my originating tax return amount not burdened with a child; for two dependents, I added $988 to the previous scenario; for three dependents, I added $987 to my previous two additions; for four dependents, I added a low $573 to my previous tax return situation; and for five such school-age dependents, I added nothing to the previous scenario.  Experimenting with these changes in what I had under my responsibility as far as adult children are concerned, I learned the government was willing to provide me with an average refund of $707, $660 less that the average of $1,367 if these dependents were ages 16 and below as illustrated beforehand.  The taxable amount of my yearly salary stuck to the same trend as when applied to dependents 16 and under in age.



This graph I concocted shows the trend-line of the tax return amount I must receive each year compared to how many dependents ages 17-23 I am responsible for; I am entitled to more money as I attain more children most likely because the government encourages citizens to procreate so as to heighten the prominence of Americans here on Earth by increasing their numbers.  However, the fact that the amount of returns I am entitled to plateaus as more higher aged dependents are added to my agenda shows how the government also doesn't want homebodies leeching off their parent's income - a disaster to the efficacy to the work force here in America

This graph I created shows just how much of my annual income is vulnerable to taxation as the amount of dependents ages 17-23 I take under my wing increases; this trend secretly also shows two goals of the bureaucracy America upholds: it want to provide for what a household needs and it wants the household to do its part to make the economy stronger by channeling able bodies into the line of work

This graph I created shows once again the tax returns available to a man in my position of having the responsibility of young dependents; the graph also depicts though, with a red line, how being married would affect the amount of refunds I am entitled to in the otherwise equivalent scenario, marriage increasing the amount of government aid I receive

This graph I constructed with my keyboard once again shows the amount of tax returns I receive with school full-time dependents, although this time around a red line depicts how marriage affects the situation












No comments:

Post a Comment