Sunday, March 8, 2015

Entry 17 - Major Expenses for...a HONEYMOON



- The above link is one that leads to a spreadsheet detailing the expenses I plan to give my pocketbook responsibility to cover for my honeymoon trip with my ‘to-be’ wife.  Given my occupation at a Senior Environmental Scientist with the U.S. government and the money I has leftover from attending UC Berkeley with a part-time job at a laboratory, I am more so worried about whether my wife would be willing to partake in these expenses with me than I am about paying the $8,523.98 these expenses shall add up to.  The destination my honeymoon is centered around imn Ireland, home of the leprechaun and thousands of miles of lush farmland intertwined with ancient history speaking to modern society through stone ruins and castles.  Ireland is also home to the rare and extremely lucky 5-leaf clover, and so I hope spending time in this laid-back country with as many pubs as there are people will wish my marriage luck is finding happiness every day it lives, and luck unto my wife and I so that we may live a safe and eventful life together.  After wedding on Friday October 30, 2015, my wife and I will start packing for this trip into the next day, when we will take a flight from Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, driven by her parents or mine (whoever is available at such an early hour), to JFK Airport in New York City, the flight leaving at 7:10 AM and arriving at its own destination at 5:40 PM.  This long flight will hopefully allow us enough time to catch up to some sleep, since we would have kept busy since the night of Thursday, October 29, giving ourselves the titles of husband and wife.  After arriving at JFK Airport, we will take another flight leaving from the U.S. at 7:20 PM and arriving at an airport in Shannon, Ireland, at 6:00 AM, giving my wife and I a layover period in New York of about 1 hour and 40 minutes to conversate and fully enjoy each other’s company without any distractions but the sterile walls of an airport.  After arriving in Ireland, the honeymoon we would have been preparing for about 6 months will have finally started and with that said, we will check into our lodge at Adar Manor in the bustling city of Limerick immediately after landing making use of a taxi and being day one of our itinerary on November 1, 2015.  The expenses I shave detailed cover the course of 8 days in total, starting on November 1 and ending on November 8, when my wife and I will have one more Irish-inspired meal after horseback riding by Northern Atlantic waters, after which we will take a several-hour flight to New York and another flight to to Burbank.  One thing I, a creative and curious hopeless lover, want to let you, the viewer of this blog, know is that I will be enjoying this honeymoon of mine through the website Groupon, a server that provides trips and meals at a discounted price.  Groupon will be providing my wife and I with a round-trip airfare to and from Ireland via New York and lodging at Adar for a low cost of $999 per person.  

→ As the spreadsheet meticulously shows, my wife and I will engage is whole slew of activities and culinary experiences, stimulating the mind, body, and soul.  Two activities that fully embrace the Irish sense independence - both from the English crown and outside influences - and thus excite the senses are taking part in coasteering and exploring the outer reaches of Limerick and city-life through a guided trip to the cliffs of Moher.  Coasteering is a sport, commonly played in Ireland with the help of downward sloped hills, where a person is placed inside a giant flexible plastic ball that easily rolls along the Earth as the person inside walks or run.  In Ireland, running is advised as the sport is mostly used for races - taking its inspiration from the country’s competitive cheese roll races.  My wish is for my lover and I to take hold of one of these plastic monstrosities jointy, when given the opportunity on November 5 for a fair total fee of $60. The second activity I want to detail is a our I have planned with the company Barratt Tours, where my future wife and I will get to explore a whole bunch of destinations stretching from historic Leamanagh Castle to the steep cliffs of Moher, from where we will get cool vantage points on the ocean below.  At the castle, our tour guide will tell us about a myth behind red-heads, and at quaint, timeless Ballyvaughan Village, we will be treated to a light lunch at Monks Pub - know from its seafood caught from nearby Galway Bay.  A positive aspect of this lengthy trip is that it will be executed using an air-conditioned bus.  







These two images shows proof of the flights I found available for economy class and a duo like that of my partner and I; the top one depicts a Delta airline willing to take us to JFK Airport in New York City on the East Coast and the bottom one depicts Are Lingus Airline willing top take us to our final destination - Ireland


Thankfully, the tour my wife and I are to take on the first day of our Honeymoon is air-conditoned, and so we shall experience a new culture is style and comfort 

This view is visible from the cliffs of Moher, which faces one of the bodies of water claiming the shores of the island nation of Ireland due West of England

The picture is of the menu at Bon Apetite restaurant in Limerick, where my wife and I plan to have our first meal in Ireland, if a last minute airplane goodie doesn't call our attention 

This image shows the scene from the Atlantic beachside hike near Achill Island

No comments:

Post a Comment